It’s been 10 days since I logged out of Facebook.
Quitting the stub was easier I think.
Tempted to go back and re-log, not to stay connected but to be a voyeur.
All the people I’m truly connected to stay on. I’m back to calls and starting to meet folks I haven’t met in ages. I was too busy trawling to comment on a feed or a photo they were tagged in.
How long will I stay off? Your guess is as good as mine.
I have never been the truly fortunate who multitask and accomplish much. I do one thing at one time and try to do it well. I would describe myself as mediocre at best. I thrive on my mediocrity.
I know if I die tomorrow and an obit is sent I will have 2 handfuls of friends who may shed a tear and sport a smile. High hopes?!
Am I rambling on?
Mayhap yes. But here is my list of accomplishments during the FB-off phase.
- Unpacked my books, indexed them and stacked them in the library
- Opened P Sainath’s Everybody Loves a Good Drought and Roald Dahl’s Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Half way through the first and almost done with the second)
- Started my driving classes
- Seldom log on to the laptop once I’m home
- Miss my dog constantly, make up by picking fights with my mom (at least I’m starting to communicate)
- I call up random friends, who send me snide, sarcy messages for remembering them finally, and oh yea, did I want something? (I deserve that I guess)
- I have learnt to say no (lying actually but starting to say No when I mean No)
- Taking care of myself (You detect the I-me-my pattern right?!)
- I call up folks I care about more often (Sure I don’t get browny points for this but heh, you love me so better put up with this)
- I’m sporting a smile and humming a song (I actually mouth lyrics these days, a huge WOW for me)
- I hope to catch that interactive theatre my friend has been telling me about
- Organised my wardrobe and my bills and my closet and gave away gunny-bag full of clothes and books (Oh yes, I’m wasteful but trying not to be)
- I text friends (again, greeted by snide remarks, sarcy messages, etc etc..)
- Dusted my dictionaries and my french notes (no, not the ones which says 1001 ways to french kiss but the legit stuff)
- Cleaning up the workspace
- I have 2 guppies that have survived in a fish bowl placed on the table at the work bay and a money plant that gave its first lil’ leaf (Thank you God, I love you)
Well, I think that’s enuf. I didn’t realise I actually managed to do so much till I started writing down this post. So Awake I’m. Trying to make the most of the 14-hour day. Yes, yes I still haven’t given up on sleep.
P.S: Rocksta I came back to Greyzed. Finally decided this suits me the most. And yes, we must meet. Let me know if next weekend works for you.